This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 2 July 2013

More Through The Ages

Hey, hey, hey!!! Happy Tuesday Peeps...boy have I got a lot to tell you. We have got a new release, we have to say goodbye to a Ladybug and hello to a new one! Of course there might be a picture or two of Coen at the end ;-D

But first, a big thank you to everyone who entered our Ribbon & Flower challenge set out by our Lovely Diane...you guys were on fire!!! If you haven't already, pop over to the Challenge Blog to see if you're the winner of the Challenge, LCI Challenge winner or Top 3!!

I'm a bit late in announcing this but I'm sure you already know from visiting Laurie's blog but sadly she has stepped down from the DT and hung up her Ladybug wings :-( We are going to miss Laurie big time and wish her well and hope to welcome her back one day :-D

As one Ladybug retires another arrives!!! I am extremely happy to tell you that we have a shiny new Ladybug, Lyndsey Turner of Handmade with Love, Gems and Pretty Things. I first met Lyndsey about 3 years ago and have admired her work ever since...especially her tutorials. I've tried many of them and they are fab and easy to follow so make sure you check them out if you haven't already :-D

Ok..now for the reason you are here...the new release!!! Through the Ages has proved really popular and I felt there were some ages missing...namely in the younger age group...6 - 10. We've added 7 Billie's and one non Billie to the collection and I think they're pretty fabulicious if I do say so myself lol. The DT have been working overtime to bring you some fabtastic inspiration...make sure you pay them a visit and leave some Ladybug Love :-D

I've used Billie is 7...a uber cute image that can be used for either a boy or girl. I showed my card to a friend and although she said she liked it I could sense a bit of hesitation. When I asked why she said she thought perhaps it was a bit young for a 7 year old. I had a good thunk about what she said and have decided it's perfect. Kids are growing up too fast these days (I'm super conscience about that since Coen was born) and I think kids should be kids and enjoy their childhood and do things in their age groups...there's plenty of time for all the other stuff when they're older. 

I'll get off my soapbox now and show you my card lol. You can tell me if you think it's too you or just right ;-D


I cut an aperature from the middle of the card blank using a Nestabilitie and cut out the image using the same shape so it all ties together. I colored Billie with my Copics and paper pieced the numbers and bunting. The fab pp is Nitwits at LOTV and I found buttons to match in my stash.


I attached the image using foam pads





Do you think it's too young??? I hope you like the additions to the TTA collection and what the DT have created for you :-D

Speaking of young...wanna see some pictures of Coen??? Too bad...I'm going to show you anyway lol.

He is 6 weeks old tomorrow and now weighs 10 lbs 8 oz...can you believe it??? I can't. Nicole and Ben had their first night out since Coen was born and we got to have him overnight!!! There was big excitement in our house I can tell you lol. 


After his bath


7 am with Grandma & Grandpa



 GG'ma Judy...Coen is almost as big as she is lol



Mom goes home tomorrow and it's going to be so sad saying goodbye at the airport. I can't say it's been easy living so far away from my family these past 29 years and I don't think I'll ever get used to it. I've really enjoyed spending this past month with my mom...we've had a great time and laughed until we've cried. Hopefully she'll come back next year and bring my dad with her so he can meet Coen too :-D

Thanks for stopping by

Catch ya later x

7 comments:

Jane said...

Good morning GlamMa! I have a day at home after all the excitement of Wimbledon yesterday. So many great things happening at LCI HQ and great to see Lyndsey as part of the DT. This new release is fab...I love it. Darling Coen is growing so fast and it must be so hard to say goodbye to your Mum again...eek..but what a wonderful month you must have had with her. Catch up with you soon Mrs xxxx

Jane said...

PS I got carried away and forgot to mention your card...it really is brilliant Kerry, I love the way you cut the image out. The colours are perfect for a 7 year old and as always you are the queen of real stitching ( you know me I just have to fake it..LOLOL) xxxx

Marianne said...

Looove that picture of Coen and Grandpa at 7 am!
The new release is fab, too. I don't think your Billy is 7 image is too young per se, although you may not want to send it to every 7 year old. I guess it all depends on the particular boy or girl. It's not that different from grown-ups. I mean, we always try to find an image and card style that will suit the recipient, don't we?
Glad you and your mum enjoyed enjoyed yourselves this past month. Hope she'll have a safe journey back home. Fortunately there's always Skype...
Marianne x

Susan said...

Love it Kerry - just gorgeous - would like to see the girlie interpretation too ;0)
Coen looks adorable - why are you awake and he's asleep ?!?!
Glad you've had a lovely time with your Mom - sorry to see her leave you. Hugs xxx

Whimsey said...

Super cute card; I love the bright colors; love the way you've cut out the piece to peek through - very nice!

Love the pictures of Coen; the one of all 3 of you makes me giggle. Obviously he didn't wake Grandpa up if he fussed? LOL

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love this image and fab card design. Great papers and colours although your card is slightly overshadowed by the fabulous pictures of Coen lol!!!!! xx

Lisa Jane said...

I dont think you can say whether its too young or not .. every child is different . Some adults would love the image -if they are teddy lovers .. so i don't think there is an answer lol
The card is fab though -love the aperture design,
and of course the pics are fab too
Lisa x