This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 18 August 2012

My ban has been lifted but should I go??!!


Happy Saturday everyone :-D Hope you're all having a good start to the weekend. The rain came back with a vengeance on Wednesday and it's been off and on ever since...it does not pay to have a white car hmph!

The football/soccer season in Scotland started a couple of weeks ago and so far so good. It will be an interesting season since Rangers (one of the top teams) got demoted to  the 3rd division during the summer. Pre season training was as hard as ever and Ryan could barely walk some days when he came home. Good thing is the knee has healed nicely and apart from the odd ache he's doing well. In case you don't remember I had been banned by him and hubby from going to see him play as he seemed to get bad injuries whenever I was there (2 dislocated shoulders 2 seasons in a row). The other day he came up to me and said I could start going to his games if I wanted to! Well that pleased me to no end but athletes are pretty superstitious and he's no exception so I'm wondering if I should go or not. I'll point out I was NOT at the game last season when he did his cruciate so I guess maybe I'm not the jinx he thought I was!!! Here's a picture of him advertising this season's strip...


I hope and pray and have everything crossed that this will be the year that he gets through the season in one piece :-D

I made a couple of cards for the girls from the hotel who helped organize Nicole and Ben's wedding and this was one of them...


I used Clear Vase Delight and coloured it in with my Copics. The ribbon is the best for tying bows...just the right stiffness without being to rigid


I added lots of Glamour Dust to the blooms and Glossy Accents to the water


I also made them one of the favors I made for the wedding guests....


I can't remember if I've shown these already so apologies if I have. It's a Post It Note cover and I made everything except the PIN pad. There was also a pen (it's kinda coming back to me that I may have shown you but what the heck lol) that was inscribed 'Nicole and Ben said 'I do' 26th May 2012'


Here's all 80 something of them!!

Ok...I'm off to procrastinate whether I go to the game or not...I'll let you know later lol.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by

Catch ya later x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photo of your son in his kit. Just take the bull by the horns and go and watch him play. You never know we might meet up at a match one of these days!!! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the card and the post it cover, the felt flower is superb.

I have been keeping up with your posts, not commenting - sorry, but as you know I am a big fan of yours anyway :)

Anna Dvenport in Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine says she LOVES your stamps - on page 73 issue 108

Jane said...

You know I am science based girl Kerry and am the most unsuperstitious you could meet. My room number at work is even 13! Go and enjoy watching Ryan, injuries like life happen and we deal with them at that point not worry about them before. Doesn't Ryan look great in the kit, hope his team have a fab season. I love the cards and favours you made and agree that the ribbon looks brilliant to tie with. It's been steaming down here since Thursday and today is clear blue skies and hot sun so I shall blow some your way buddie. Have a great weekend.
Jane x

Diane's Card Designs said...

A fab photo of your son. Just pray he doesn't have anymore injuries.

The thank you card is gorgeus. One of my favourite floral images and the little note books are so sweet. You have been busy Kerry and deserve a long hard rest.
Hope your enjoying your weekend!

Diane xx