This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Mid Month Reminder and a Dilemma


Are we really 1/2 way through August already??? Where on earth has this year gone?? It seems like we were counting down to the wedding then the Olympics and now Nicole and Ben are on their honeymoon and the Olympics are OVER :-( I am having serious withdrawal symptoms since the closing ceremony on Sunday. I wasn't watching the games all the time but it was always on in the background and the coverage was excellent and made it as exciting as it was. Now all we have to look forward to is the X Factor this weekend hmph!

It's mid month reminder of August's Summer Fun Challenge and I decided to make a card using
On Your Bike Robin wondering who I could give it to. I am behind with my birthday cards but only by a couple of months ;-D My dilemma? The person I have in mind for this one...I think I may have already used this image on a card for her. Give it to someone else I hear you say...I suppose I could but I had her in mind and I can't see anyone else receiving it even if she's already got a similar one lol. Think I might have to start making a note of who gets what but then that's something called 'organized'!!

Anywho, here's my card....

As always Robyn is stamped and coloured with my Copics then cut out with a Nestie. Funny thing is when I found the other card in Robyn's file on my computer I noticed I used the same Nestie as well doh! Again I traced around the same die  I used for the image and hand cut it to get a mount that wasn't too big. I finally used my new Die-namics corner dies though it's slightly hidden by the image but they are so fun and I'll be using them more often.


I added Glossy Accents to the bike and nailheads to the screws on the wheels for a bit of interest. The clouds were made using a die cut of a cloud for a stencil, ink pad and sponge.


Khaki Swarovski crystals were added to the center of the felt flower and peeking out is 'friends' stamped and punched out using Stampin' Up! Tiny Tags set.


A little peek at the inside.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Paper Pretties - Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrappin' Corner - Add a Flower
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Anything Goes

I've been super busy tweaking new images that will be released VERY soon. Not sure yet how they'll be released...might be a fanfare or they might just appear overnight lol. They are FABULICIOUS so make sure you keep checking in for updates :-D

Thanks for stopping by today

Catch ya later x

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. i would just send it .. the person probably wont remember anyway and it is super cute lol
Hope you manage to get a little organised today
Lisa x

Marianne said...

LOL, I wouldn't worry to much about sending a card with the same image AND die-cut shape. It's still a different card from last year, right? I know what you mean by having to get more organised, though. It's on my (long) to do list as well.

Mary J said...

Hello Kerry! You'd think from all the excitement you've had recently that you'd like a bit of peace and quiet! ;)

Gorgeous card - she is such a sweetie! Love that felt flower and your corner die!

Jane said...

At least with hand made cards they are never going to be identical Kerry. That's the beauty of them. I am really looking forward to seeing this new release as I loved the recent release.....as you would say fabulicious!! ;0) Keep busy it makes life fun!
Jane x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Kerry,

Just stopped by for a catch up with your blog. Love your new creations and photos from you PC debut looked like you have a fun evening. I wouldn't worry about the card and would send just it, its so adorable I don't think anyone would mind getting it even it if was similar to one before.
Lyndsey xx

lalkygirl said...

what a cute card ,love that image and your felt flower is wonderful
thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

Julie said...

LOL Kerry, if I had a pound for each time I search back a year on my blog to see what cards I made the year earlier, hoping I can work out if I'd used the same image, I'd have enough money to pay for the postage ;) I love this image,such a cute card and boy I love those felt flowers. I need instructions! Happy Thursday,Julie.x

Sande said...

Great card! I love you flower!

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy on "Anything goes" challenge.

Hugs, DT Sande

Daisychain said...

A great card, love the flower you have used. Thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

New Daisy & Friends At Christmas CD launching at 10.00am (UK time) Sunday 19th August on Create & Craft.

Cumbrianlass said...

A great card, with a cute image and the colours are wonderful, love the flower.
Thanks for joining in the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and good luck
Janet