This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Midway reminder...late!!!

When I was younger my dad used to say 'call me anything you like but don't call me late for dinner' and it took me years to figure out what he meant lol. Now I think I should have been called Kerry Is Always Late instead of Kerry Louise!!! I can't even blame it on extended birthday celebrations but then again I might have gotten away with it lol. Let's just say that one of my New Year's resolutions is to work on my time management ;-D

Thank you to everyone who sent birthday wishes through my blog, email, Facebook, text and the old fashioned telephone lol. My birthday has started the same way every year since I arrived in Scotland with a phone call from our friend Peter. He works at the Vancouver airport and when we moved here Peter managed to get myself, Nicole (remember she was 3 weeks old) and 42 pieces of luggage (hubby arrived the week before with two suitcases hmph!) to arrive at the same time!!

 I really did have a great day and did what I wanted. We went to see Silver Lining with Bradley Cooper {swoon} and although it was a bit slow at the start it was a fantastic movie and I would thoroughly recommend it even if it was just to drool over BC lol. Nicole did take a picture of me blowing out the candles on my cake but I think she deleted it :-( The X Factor was brilliant and although I wanted Jahmene to win I was equally happy that James did and I LOVE their mentor Nicole Sherzinger...she did a fantastic job and think she had a bit more freedom to be herself on the UK show than the US one. She's one crazy chick!

I don't have a new card to show you but thought I would reprise one from last year using Nikki Running with Buttercup. I was really happy with the way it turned out. Let me know what you thunk....


This is an acetate tent card and boy oh boy is acetate tricky to work with...especially when glitter is involved!  It was really hard to get the stray glitter off the acetate and I gave up in the end. I stamped and coloured two images and cut them out with a Nestie, glued them together (so there's no 'back' to the card) and they're hanging by a thread....literally lol.

Another NRWB card I'd like to show you is one BFF made for a magazine a couple of years ago...I LOVE this ...


Isn't it fantastic...I love the way she's put a frame round the image and the flower is fabtastic.

I'm getting on with my Christmas cards...almost finished but now I've got to make Sadie a birthday card for Thursday. I know exactly what I'm going to do and I'm going to use one of my birthday presents :-D If I don't have too many interruptions I'm hoping to show you on Thursday. 

I'd better get a move on. Thanks for popping by :-D

Catch ya later x

**If you'd like to win birthday candy click here**

3 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hello i am so glad you had a fabulous day ... and i remember both these cards .. fabulous dahling!
Lisa x

Whimsey said...

Gosh - I remember that card and just LOVE it! I have only worked with acetate for an actual cards couple of times - it's certainly tricky; but you make it look easy yet amazing!!

Wendy H said...

Beautiful cards Kerry. I like the colours on both of them and of course the images. Wendy xx