This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 16 November 2012

Happy Birthday Nicole!!

November 16, 1984 at exactly 12:58am Nicole Elizabeth entered the world. I am finding it hard to believe she is 28 today...'specially as I'm only 34 rofl ;-D And of course my baby is having a baby of her own :-D Who would have thunk it???

I started her card yesterday...'started' being the operative word! I shuffled more papers and embellishments than I care to count but just couldn't get a groove going. The image I wanted to use wasn't doing it for me so in the end I opted for a Cupcake Cutie...Make a Wish and I'm so glad I did! I just love these little cuties and I especially love embellishing the frosting! When I was shuffling everything about  and getting no where I went onto the MFT blog for a bit of inspiration and and came across a card Jodi Collins had made which I've followed but added a MFT fishtail for a bit of added interest...


I stamped Make A Wish on PTI cs and colored her with  my Copics. I stamped the case of the cupcake on pp and cut it out so it coordinated. 

I can't get enough of MFT dies at the moment. They've had a new release recently and I have a wish list a mile long...maybe Santa will see it ;-D
You can just see the beginning and end of the Fishtail die in the floral pp....I've also used the Pretty Posy Die and Mini Tab Quartet for the sentiment.


You can't really tell but I've added Glossy Accents to the candle and Glamour dust to the flame, her shoes and dress


This is the AMAZING Fluffy Stuff! It looks almost good enough to eat lol. Before I fluffed it with my heat gun I sprinkled a pinch of GD...again you can't really see it but IRL it looks sparklicious :-D




I found an MFT die I hadn't used {shock horror} so added a border to the inside...it's the Wonky Scalloped Border...love it!!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge - Stitching (Real or Faux)
Celebrate the Occasion - Must use a Cupcake!
Craft-Room Challenge - Punches & Dies
Paper Pretties - Buttons
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes

I thought I'd show you a picture of Nicole's first scan...this is Baby McLeod! I'm afraid I'm going to be one of those Grandma's that will be boring everyone with pictures of my grandbaby...whether they want to see them or not ! In case you're wondering that's it's LEG sticking up lololol. Nicole's next scan is at 20 weeks on Christmas Eve so everything should be a lot clearer and defined. She's still really tired but hopefully that will end soon and she's starting to get a bit of a bump. She called me the other day from work to say she felt the baby move!!!!! 


Ryan has a game in Dundee (1 1/2 hours away) tonight so hubby and Steven are going to watch him leaving Nicole, Ben and I enjoy Nic's birthday dinner. She's requested Butternut Squash Risotto (YUMMY) and since she's craving anything with tomatoes I'm surprising her with my Tomato Soup En Croute and a birthday wouldn't be a birthday in our house without an M & S cake!!

That's me for today....I hope you all have a fabulicious weekend and get some crafting done....maybe even enter our In The Office Challenge. The entries so far are fabtastic with 1/4 of them using an LCI image...we love that!

Catch ya later x

PS You can get Make A Wish Cupcake Cutie in the 70% off Cling Stamp Sale!!!!

19 comments:

Mervi said...

Hi Kerry!
Fabulous card!
Thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Punches and Die-cuts Challenge, good luck;-))m

Susan said...

Gorgeous card as always - when I used the fluffy stuff it turned yellow !!!!
Happy Birthday to your baby - hope you have a lovely calorific night Xx

Dawn said...

Love your card with it's little fluffy top! It would be just perfect for the Cake challenge at The Crafty Pad too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love the chocolatey papers ...your card is scrumptious .
Hope you have a wonderful evening - and your menu sounds delicious.
Fab scan pic... i can actually see the baby lol.. i am useless normally
Lisa x

Adrian said...

Such an awesome card! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, love the colours and the frosting, quick post as I am crying my eyes out due to watching children in need.
Wait while she get s 40, see how you feel then, I can tell you OLD.

Kath x

Marianne said...

Wonderful card, Kerry. Love the coordinated layers and cupcake case. That fluffy stuff looks really interesting too.
The picture of baby McLeod is awesome. I guess your sons wouldn't really mind if you moved from showing their pictures to showing pictures of your grandchild LOL.
Still thinking about the office supply challenge. Hope I'll finally have some more crafting time this weekend.
Have a lovely weekend yourself!
Marianne x

DesignerDiva said...

ooooh I don't know what I'm more excited about!!! THe card is gorgeous, I know just what you mean about MFT dies - I want them all! (I do have a considerable amount, and added to that with my birthday voucher)
The scan is beyond exciting - as I'm still waiting for my lot to make me a Granny I'm just going to have to share yours!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Donna Ellis said...

Kerry, what wonderful layers and textures you've used with this adorable image! Your stitching adds just the right amount of sweetness to your card with the stamp!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the image and fabby papers and layout. However it all pails in comparison to the wonderful baby picture. Hope Nic had a lovely birthday xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, love this fluffy thing... so cheerful the project is. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
Anna xxx

Esther said...

Your card is just adorable!!!! love the fluffy frosting :)
Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!!!

BugBites said...

so cute. love the frosting effect. TFS with us at CTO this week.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I just love every detail of your beautiful card, you have put such wonderful touches on it and whoever receives this will definitely be in awe! Thanks for joining us @ CTO for our "Birthday (must use a cupcake)" challenge :)

Mary J said...

Oh, how exciting Kerry - that little scan must have got you crying!!

Love your card - I always love your use of fluffy stuff and felt!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card Kerry....I love that fluffy stuff, what a fab touch!!

Thanks for sharing at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

Gale said...

So cute, Kerry. Love the papers and that fluffy stuff. Thanks for playing along with us at PCJ in our "Anything Goes" challenge and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

Esther said...

This is such a cute card (cute scan pic too!)..Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room...Esther xx

Safdar Ali said...

What an elegant card. So lovely design. I like the colors you have used and that image is so cute. Also love the CAS style design like Plastic cards which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.