This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Sunday 25 July 2010

Stuck in a rut

So how's your weekend been? Do anything exciting? I've been pretty busy with the usual weekend stuff. I headed over to CW yesterday to deliver some stock and to see if there were any new goodies. I bought some new Bo Bunny papers and some Bazzil cs as well as a stamp pad, Quickie Glue pen and Glamour Dust. While I was paying a shoplifter had been caught leaving the store!! June was trying to call the police while Gail was putting my stash through the till, bagging it and trying to find out what was going on. I didn't look at my stash until well after I got home and when I did I got a bit of a surprise. First thing I spotted in the bag was an Original Nikki stamp which I know I didn't want to buy as I have one or 100 at home lol. I looked at my receipt and sure enough I'd been charged for one of my stamps!!!
My friend Karen in Dubai was 40 yesterday and although I sent flowers I hadn't made a card for her so I got to work on that today. I used the new Bo Bunny pp and the double dot cs but stupidly I only bought one sheet of each and I ran out of the double dot cs I was using. I would have taken it apart and used another colour but I'd already done the sewing and stuck on the crystals so as a temporary measure....just so I had a card to post...I used another colour to mount the image. Now I'm not too thrilled with it the way it is but once I get more of the cs I'll change it over.
I wasn't very happy with the colouring...I think I was in a rut today...but once I glittered up Nikki's blouse and the pillow it was a bit better.

The turquoise scallop just doesn't work for me.


I'm still persevering with my Pro Markers and some days are better than others. Today I wanted to throw in the towel and get my Prisma's out!!






I haven't shown you Skating Nikki for a long time so thought I'd show you one I recently received from Ann. She's a friend of Gaynor's who does the other 3'D cards you've seen on here. I love the green shimmer of her sweater and hat.



There's going to be an extremely exciting post tomorrow so make sure you stop by. Have you noticed anything new on my blog tonight? Hmmmm...one of them might be a clue!
I'll also post the winner of the 5 Christmas Nikki's so you've a little bit longer if you want to post a comment.
Thanks for stopping by.
Catch ya later x

3 comments:

Roni said...

I'm loving both cards Kerry but the Mirri Board used on Ann's card is so shiny you can see your reflection on the card!! Lol!
Roni :O) xox

Kerry said...

LOLOLOLOL...I never saw that Roni...well spotted :-D

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Love the colours in Peacock Lane, think these are going to be very popular, both cards are lovely! xxx