This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 9 July 2010

Christmas in July

It feels a bit weird posting this card as we've just over 6 months before 'it's' here. But we all know 6 months can go in a flash and before you know it we're panicking because we've not done this and forgotten that. I don't want to add to those stresses but believe it or not I've been asked for Christmas stamps since the end of May!!!
I did hint yesterday I might have a Christmas Ruby Fairy to share with you so I set to work and this is what I came up with. I feel I must warn you though....she's gorgeous!
So with great excitement this is Tree Trimming Ruby
I've had this paper from Craftwork Cards for yeeeeers and when I opened the drawer it all but shouted at me to be used!


Moira has excelled herself with these Christmas images. I love the little birds helping Ruby with the baubles.



I used my Pro Markers, new and old, on Ruby and apart from the bit of brown on her forehead I'm pleased with it. She is just so pretty it doesn't really matter if the colour strays ;-D

I coloured the tree with my Prisma pencils and used some gorgeous light amethyst and blue zircon Swarovski crystals for the baubles (2 & 3mm). They twinkle so prettily in the light IRL


This is the card open....similar to the Wellies Robyn card I made in an earlier post but the sides are the same shape


Another look at the inside. I was tempted to add ribbon as a closure but I think if the pp wasn't as busy I would have.
Well????? What do you think? Did Moira do good? I think she's stunning and can't wait to show you the other....5!!!!!!!!!
Hope you have a great weekend. I'll be posting some new images so make sure you stop by.
Catch ya later x

7 comments:

Rita said...

Oh Yes, definately need Christmas Ruby. Looking forward to the others as well. Will Ruby always have wings??? Hugs Rita xx

Highland Handmade said...

Oh she is just a doll! Love her and the card is just perfect! Can't wait to see some more .... I think you should show them all of us right now! X

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Sh'es gorgeous!!!! I love the very cute birds helping her too and the tree is lovely too! x

Pat Maider said...

I too love the little birds helping with the baubles. It's those little touches that make a lovely card into a fantastic card. Another winner Kerry. x

Donna said...

truly gorgeous card Kerry. Love the new Ruby stamp. I'm going to start my xmas cards in a couple of weeks (hopefully). It's never too early lol x

Sue U said...

Oh my!! I so want that stamp!!! Can't wait to see all the rest of the new releases Sue xx

Susan said...

I am usually a silent subscriber but just had to write and tell you that this is absolutely stunning.......can't wait for the release date S.x