This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 29 December 2009

I'm still here!

Hello there...I haven't left the country though I'm tempted with this freezing weather lol. I have loved the snow and I'm still not fed up with it and the dogs are having a great time though poor Ruby has a bit of a time of it on the ice with her 3 legs. She has done the splits quite a few times now but she just gets back up and carries on lol! There's more snow scheduled before and during the New Year so it will be fun and games digging all the cars out of our street. Any car with front wheel drive has no chance so those cars are left at the top of our street.
We had a lovely Christmas....just the 5 of us then after dinner Nicole's friend came over for a bit. I don't think we've stopped eating since. Three course dinner's every night but that's all going to stop tonight! The baking is almost finished and I won't be doing that again until next Christmas. I managed to unload some Rocky Road onto Postman Steven...he's got grandchildren so hopefully they'll enjoy it.
I finally made it into my workroom yesterday. It was still a mess from when I shut up shop on Christmas Eve so I had to clear that before I could begin. On Christmas Eve a friend called and asked for an engagement card for her daughter whose boyfriend was going to propose on Christmas day. I finished this off today...probably not a traditional engagement card but I love this Pink Petticoat image and wanted to use it. I also love this Bo Bunny paper and thought the hearts tied it together. I hope my friend likes it.
It's another easel card and I'm thinking I'm going to have to be a bit more adventurous with the bottom half of the card. I've seen quite a few recently and they've got everything but the kitchen sink on them. I'd love to use flowers but I always abandon the idea because I don't seem to get the look I want. Same with buttons. I've been using a few lately but again I wonder if they look like I needed to fill a space. I wanted to put one on this card with a bit of ribbon through the holes but I wasn't feeling it lol.
I was also asked for 2 cards to give to the same person...one is from the daughter to her mom and one from the husband to his wife. I decided I wanted to use Ruby blowing out the candle for the mom and this is what I came up with.
I saw this sketch on a blog...in fact the only thing I changed was the punch and the image. I don't normally follow something so close but my creativity seemed to hit a brick wall and I needed a helping hand. I was asked to use 'mamma' instead of 'mom' (mum).
I'm going to do the husband to wife tonight. I didn't have a clue what I was going to use for that one but I found a stamp that has never seen ink (shock horror lol) and deemed it suitable. If I get it finished in time I'll post it later.
I'm off to get dinner started...one course only!!!
Catch ya later x

No comments: