This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Saturday 13 October 2012

Give a pint...

of blood. That's what I did this morning. There is a blood campaign on at the moment...perhaps they are anticipating the need over the festive season. I was reading the paper during the week and was reading a story of an accident victim needing transfusions and the number to contact if you wanted to donate. It had been about 5 or 6 years, or so I thought, since I last donated and figured it was long overdue. I had to fill in a form and to my surprise or perhaps horror it had actually 12 years since I last donated tsk tsk. My blood group is one of if not the rarest of all the groups...8% of the world population I always knew I was special lol)...A- so I feel it's extra important to donate. After my cup of tea and biscuit I made an appointment for my next donation in January and I'm going to make sure I donate at least 3 times a year :-D I inquired about donating my platelets but because I get a bit light headed afterward and my veins are quite narrow which means it takes longer to fill my bag (a guy got set up 5 minutes after I'd started and finished before me lol) I was told they probably wouldn't accept me :-(

Hubby and I were invited to an evening wedding reception last night. The bride Lauren read a reading at Nicole and Ben's wedding and the groom Chris and a friend of Nic and Ryan's sang their first song Delilah so it was nice to be included. Hubby's not one for these things...especially when Scotland were playing Wales but he sacrificed his night in front of the tell for me....awww lol.

I made Lauren and Chris a card using Bride Nikki. I know I've used  her a lot lately and I hope you're not bored of her but I LOVE her a) because she's so fabulicious and b) there's very little coloring which makes for a quick card :-D

Here's what I came up with...


It's all pretty straight forward...lots of stitching, embossing, glittering and a tiny bit of coloring. I added light pink Swarovski crystals to Nikki's hair and GA to her flowers. Glamour dust on her sleeves and ribbon add to the bling.



I cut hearts out of white felt and added a Swarovski pearl to finish it off


I hope they like it :-D The happy couple are off to Mexico via Las Vegas...bliss!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Craftymess Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Joyful Stamper - Anything Goes
Simply Create - Anything Goes
2 Sisters - Anything Goes

Your comments for the Floral Delight Too release have been fab, thank you. I thought all the DT and GD's did an amazing job (although some of us can't read lol) and I hope gave you plenty of inspiration.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for stopping by

Catch ya later x

14 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

That's a beautiful card Kerry!

Susan x

Diane's Card Designs said...

You've put me to shame Kerry. I've never donated blood. Something I should do!!!
Your card is beautiful and the happy couple are going to love it. The layout with stitching and embossing look wonderful. Nikki looks so glam with the added swarovski in her hair.
Hope your enjoying your weekend!
Diane xx
ps Going to have a play now with Floral Delights too.....lol

Jen Nelson said...

I love the WOW Kerry x and your stitching is fabulous
Jen xxxxxx

Susan said...

I started to donate blood last June when Brenda needed a blood transfusion and thought it's the easiest thing anyone can do - couldn't give last time as I had Bronchitis but due on Thursday....I like you am A- - what's the liklihood of that ??!! But unlike you I take minutes to donate.......:0)
Nikki looks as fabuliscious as always - and don't know of any bride who wouldn't like to receive a card with her on it......Xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Beautiful card, love the image and the WOW style looks stunning. Love the embossed panels and gorgeous heart. Well done you for giving blood I am soooo not brave enough and really should as I am A Rh (D)Neg but I don't give it very easy and it becomes very stressful xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Kerry, gorgeous image and love the felt hearts & pearl.
Wendy xx

Kathleen said...

Stunning card, love all the details and the layout, everything is very beautiful.
I used to give blood, years ago now and got my bronze and silver award and did a few over the 25 but I gave up as the last time I went it took 2 and a half hours, yes my blood also runs slow but not that slow, it was the waiting to give it, so never went again, probably too old now.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Kath x

Lisa Jane said...

just gorgeous .. love all the embossing and those felt hearts .
well done you.. don;t think they would want my blood at the mo..
lol
Lisa x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card, yes Bride Nikki, is perfect, love her. YOur card is beautiful glitter bling and hearts, what more could you ask for.

As for blood, I have been banned, 'cause I had some fertility treatment years and years ago, which makes me a definate no no! Oh! well, I did try.

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous, great work, thank you for joining us at craftymess.

Anonymous said...

beautiful elegant card thanks for joining us at 2sisters challenge this week good luck x

Cindy said...

Love the layers and details on ths card! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces!

Unknown said...

very pretty wedding card!! thanks for joining SC!!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!!
~DEANNE~