This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 19 February 2013

TLT Midweek reminder - Valentine Billie or is it??

Another week has flown by...can you believe it??? It's going to be 2014 before we know it :-S

A friend of ours is leaving for Australia tomorrow for a year. She was Ryan's girlfriend when they were 15/16 but has always been in our lives since they broke up. She and Nicole are great friends and there was a surprise going away party for her on Sunday. I popped down after making her card to say good bye. I'm thinking I really really REALLY like it lol.


I printed Valentine Billy quite a bit smaller than the last cards I made and colored her in with my Copics. I treated myself to a few things after selling most of my SU! stamp sets and Sizzix dies...a MFT scallop border die, colored twine and MME's My Girl paper pad...it is utterly gorgeous, the colors scrumptious. I saw the LO here and loved the card Jen made...especially the doodling and after coloring Billie and paper piecing the balloons had a go myself. A bit stupid really if it all went pear shape lol. Luckily it turned out pretty good and I'll definitely doodle more often.


I chose 3 different papers for the balloons


One of the twine's I bought and an Epoxy Dot in the middle of the felt flower


So far I've used Valentine Billie for a Valentine, new baby and now a good luck card and I'm sure there are plenty more occasions she will suit.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Buttons and Bling
Little Red Wagon - Totally Teddy Bears
Crafty Ribbons - Button Up
Sassy Studio Design - Real or Faux Stitching
Shelly's Images - Sew much fun

We have been enjoying beautiful weather here since Saturday. On Sunday hubby, Nicole, Ryan and I went to Edinburgh for the day and had a lovely lunch by a canal. Yesterday Nic and I went to Troon with Ruby and Rocky. Here are a couple of videos I took....


This one made me laugh...do you think Nicole will be able to get  her kids to do as she asks or will she always turn to me to do it lolololol???




There are exciting things happening at LCI Central next week which I don't think you'll want to miss so make sure you check back.

Time for me to make another card...thanks for stopping by.

Catch ya later x

PS Notice I didn't follow the challenge which was Pink +1 other color lol. Oops!!

14 comments:

The Crafty Blonde said...

Lovley card, love the sweet image and pretty papers. Gorgeous layout and colours too xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Lovley card, love the sweet image and pretty papers. Gorgeous layout and colours too xx

Julie said...

Love love love this Kerry, Billie's balloons look so cute paperpieced! I really love the Doodling? it is doodling, isn't it? or is it just too perfect to be hand drawn lol! Fab fab fab!!!!!.x

Liz McGuire, said...

Fab card, might have to go treat myself to this little bear!

Liz x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a sweet image and the paper piecing looks great.
Thanks for sharing the videos.
Diane xx

Highland Handmade said...

Very bright and cxolourful looks fab, I have these papers too. Love the videos especially the last one where one of them is splashing x

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

Tammy said...

This is adorable Kerry! I love the paper pieced balloons! Popped over from MIM!
Tammy x

JanR said...

What a sweet bear! He makes for a very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Jennifer said...

This is a great card, Kerry! Love Billie and her balloons - you have coloured her beautifully, and the doodling looks fantastic!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Kerry :-)such a cute bear and the papers and paper pieced balloons are fab ! ,,, love your sewing too :)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful card, love the balloons. Thanks for joining us this week at Sassy Studio Designs.
Karal SSD DT

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute image and love the doodling. Thanks for playing at CR, though I couldn't find a button just an epoxy dot.

Darlene said...

What an awesome creation Kerry! LOVE the paper pieced balloons and all the stitching! PERFECT!
Thanks so much for joining our "SEW Happy Together" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG