This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Wednesday 16 November 2011

My Baby is 27!

How did that happen? More importantly how can Nicole be 27 when I'm only 35 hee hee??!!!
Happy birthday my gorgeous girl :-D
Well it's true, it's Nic's birthday (not that I'm 35...hard to believe I know lol) and I'm meeting her and Ben for lunch at our favourite deli Eat this afternoon. Normally they would come for dinner but they have Booty Camp and NOTHING but then end of the world would stop her going! I have a M & S cake for her so I know they'll stop by after ;-D
For her card I've used Magnum & Lily Cupcake Surprise...I can't tell you how much I love this image :-D It turned out pretty much how I imagined it...let me know what you think....

I wanted the image to look like it was in a frame and I think it worked. I had a practice run but it still took me a while to get the aperature the right thickness. I used my Grand Nestie Circle to make the base of the card (you can't see it!) and then used my Grand Nestie Scalloped Circle to make the main frame. I did it this way because I didn't want to see the flat hinge of the card IYKWIM. I used another GNC and a regular circle Nestie to make the next two aperatures sewing the larger one to the lilac scallop circle.  I coloured the image with my Copics and paper pieced the cupcake base adding the obligatory fluffy stuff, Glossy Accents and Glamour Dust! I then taped it to the white base then stuck the smallest aperature over it. I then raised the top of the card with foam pads so it looked like a frame. I was originally going to make some rolled flowers but didn't think they'd look right so dug around in my drawers and came across some brads I've had for years. I cut off the prongs and stuck them around the frame with GA. I made the sentiment on the computer and I'm not sure if the wording is right...should it say 'For a Fabulicious Daughter on Her Birthday' or 'on Your Birthday'??? I couldn't decide so just guessed lol. If anyone knows please set me straight :-D



Do you like? I love it...and it's not square!!!!

I would love to enter the following challenges:

Paperminutes - Child's Birthday
Tuesday Throwdown - Lots of Circles
Make It Mondays - Anything Goes
Squigglefly - Happy Birthday
Paper Sundaes - Digital Image
Secret Crafter - Spots & Stripes

That's it from me for today...I'll let you know how lunch was and maybe have a picture or two to show you tomorrow.

Before I go just a little reminder about this month's FABULICOUS SOTM...As you know it's 1/2 price....a total bargain :-D


Thanks for stopping by
Catch ya later x

23 comments:

Chrissy said...

Who could not love Magnum and lily...gorgeous card. love the shape and dimension. the cupcake looks delicious...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Larisa said...

Very bright job! Fab team up with the paper and gorgeous colours. Love this image!!

Gayle Cook said...

It turned out gorgeous.......Happy Birthday Nicole....have a wonderful day...was lovely to meet you yesterday...x

DesignerDiva said...

Wow Kerry this is fabulous I can see you're putting the JT to good use! I love love love all the layers you must have the patience of a saint to make this card but it was well worth the effort - stunning
Hugs Laurie xx

Amanda R said...

This is great Kerry! Hope Nicole has a great birthday and I don't think the wording matters, it is the thought that counts.

Marianne said...

I do love this image and I think your card is stunning. Your frame turned out great, too. Hope Nicole has a wonderful birthday! FWIW, I think "On Her Birthday" is correct, lol.

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, I just love the design and all the layers look fabuous. Great image and the cupacke looks yummy. Love the colour combo and teh senitment reads fine to me.
Lyndsey xx

Lisa Jane said...

I'm lovin' it.. its cute , its pretty, its funny.. what more could a girl ask for ..well maybe a few diamonds ..
Hope Nic has a fabarooni day ... and what on earth is Booty camp.. sounds like too much hard work to me!
Lisa s

Whimsey said...

What a great card - Nic is going to love it!! Love the inside too...

And to think, you started having babies when you were 5 years old...hmmmm....hope no one else does those calculations - YOU WILD THANG!

LOL

Hugs!!

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a cute card Kerry! Love the style and frame. Hope Nicole enjoys her birthday.
Diane xx

p.s well done with your winning card. Your name was on Feline Playful, Sentimental Sundays. Oh and thanks for sending my digi order. Can't wait to start crafting with these goodies.

Kati said...

Thanks for showing your funny birthday card for paperminutes.
hugs
mamapia

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous creation and fabulous spots and stripes, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested:)

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Kerry. I do love this card.In my opinion the frame is perfect . And as for the wording either / or is ok .And I love that it is so different a shape for a card .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Hugs Shirley-Anne . .

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love how you framed the image. Thanks for joining the Squigglefly Challenge this week.

Helen said...

Awww...this is so cute!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Holly Young said...

Love how this turned out Kerry! The frame you created has such depth, and I love the colors you used. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

NanaConnie said...

I tried to comment yesterday but Blogger was giving me fits and it wouldn't post. I love how you framed that delightful image, which has me giggling again today! Great color choices. So glad you played along at Tuesday Throwdown this week, and good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie TT DT

Tamara Morton said...

Happy birthday to your daughter and what a gorgeous card to celebrate. I love how you have created the frame fabbie colours too!
Hugs
Tamara

Curly said...

Oh wow this is so gorgeous I love the colour theme and the image is so cute and coloured so beautifully its just perfect for our challenge

Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 160 Spots and Stripes I hope you join us again next week,

Have a lovely day,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Kathleen said...

This is fab, love the image and the 'frosting' looks great.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Hugs Kat xx

JanR said...

Ooooooo, I love how you made this card! Also I love the colours and that digi is a scream. Thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fab card, gorgeous colours and I love how you have done the centre.

Helen Ann said...

I love the card but especially the cake case - it's just so cute xox