This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Tuesday 11 October 2011

TLT - Pinky's Challenge - Tag It!

Wayhayyyyy! It's time for another TLT and we've got pinkalicious Pinky chosing this weeks challenge which is Tag It! But before I go into details I want to thank everyone who entered Julie's challenge of NO DESIGN PAPER! Hopefully you all weren't such woosies like the Ladybugs lol. Head on over to the Challenge Blog to see if you're the winner of a stamp of your choice or a top three winner :-D If you see your name email me with your choice and where you'd like it sent.

Onto today's challenge...Tag It! It means what it says...make a card or project either in the shape of a tag or have a tag somewhere on it. If it's got a tag then that's all you need :-D

Today came awful quick after my busy schedule of the last week but an idea came to me over the weekend and I set to work yesterday. I'll admit I'm not 100% about it...I love the idea...not necessarily the execution lol. Anyway, you can be the judges...just go easy on me ok?


I've been desperate to use the new Christmas Add-Ons again so I used the tree, star, pot and bow. It's so much fun building up an image with the layering....and so EASY! I came across my flabulous SU! pointsettia embossing folder. I saw it on Dawn Griffiths blog last year and just HAD to have it. I kept it WOW so the image would pop. I added Glamour Dust to the dots on the embossing though you can't see how sparkly they are :-(


After colouring the image in with my Copics I added some Topaz and Siam Swarovski Crystals to the tree as baubles...they are truly sparklicious.


If you couldn't see my tags then here they are! I punched out tags using my SU! Tiny Tag Punch and ran them through the computer spelling out JOY and fixed them to the suede ruffle ribbon with micro glue dots finishing them off with crystals


I finished off the inside Mary J style :-D The sentiment is computer generated.

A few of us Ladybugs have had some technical issues with Blogger this week and wonder if any of you have too? I spent ages last week trying to comment on the Challenge entries only to find after commenting and clicking 'post comment' the comment disappears. Also one or two Ladybug's have found weeks/months of their postings disappeared and have tried to repost them. So if you find there isn't a comment from one of us Ladybugs don't think we haven't been...it's just Blogger is acting up....again!

We hope you enjoy this weeks Challenge. Don't forget to leave us some love...everyone needs love sometimes :-D

Have  great week

Catch ya later x

12 comments:

pinky said...

Oh its just so gorgeous Kerry, love that embossing folder and the tree really pops of the page.
Hugs
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

oo its stunnaliscious! I just love that embossing folder .. might have to have it myself lol!
Your little tree is so cute .. looks fab in its little pot and the the tags are a fab idea.. did you print the letters first?
Lisa x

Marianne said...

No need to be modest, Kerry. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! If you're still unsure, you can always send it to me for Chrismas, lol. I love every little detail, including the fab ribbon and the sparkles on the background. You can see them if you click on the image and enlarge it a bit!

Sue U said...

Well I love it!! I think you have done a fabulous job, and shows just how versatile the new images are :-D Love white on white, and it really makes the image pop!! LOVE those little tags too :-D Sue xx

Amanda R said...

This is so elegant Kerry and the little JOY with the tags is so darn creative, I am stealing it for sure! Love this card, just love it.

Mary J said...

Totally love this kerry!! You clever thing with the tags!! Lovin' the inside too - looks so professional!

Do you know what font you used - it's delicious!

cdm317 said...

I love the card! It's understated, but gorgeous!
If you are having trouble with blogger, you may need to reset your cookies. Go to internet options on your toolbar, go into the privacy tab, click on custom settings and a cookie dialog box should open. Make sure you are set to accept 1st and 3rd party cookies, that should do the trick.
Colleen

Pami said...

You are so after Teachers Pet!! Love the idea of the little tags on the card, I am going to steal that one!! You do white cards so well Kerry, the embossing is stunning. Pami x

Whimsey said...

Oh my, soooooo purdy....love the embossing and those tiny little tags - ADORABLE!!

DesignerDiva said...

Well I like the execution as well as the idea! Love White on White cards and this one with the cute little tags is perfect!
Hugs Laurie xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Stunning card Kerry! I love the tree digi and how you have decorated it. The embossing looks fantastic.
Diane xx

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Kerry, love it.... sending big hugs Jo xxx