This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Monday 10 January 2011

Busy busy busy

Hope you all had a great weekend. I can see you have been busy as we've had an amazing amount of entries in this weeks Challenge - Anything Goes...at last count 90! Mind you it's closed now so it stands at 90 lol!!! They are all flabulous and so inspiring :-D

I want to thank you for all your good wishes and encouragement about my going to CHA. It is a BIG thing for me as I'm not the most confident of people (I fake it well lol) and have no business savvy but will do my best and that's all I can do. I spent the most part of Friday trying to organise how I'm going to take payment while I'm there. I managed to get that sorted by Friday night and it was confirmed today so I now have to have a trial run to make sure I know what I'm doing lol. I have made a check list as I've said before and it's slowly getting ticked off. Apart from the virtual terminal I managed to do the following on Friday:

Book my train ticket for Stitches - Trade Show in Birmingham (nothing to do with CHA)
Book my hotel for Stitches (again nothing to do with CHA)
Find out how much wifi will be at CHA
Order my Skecher Shape Ups for CHA (Since I'm going to be on my feet all day I  might as well give my legs and bum a workout! You know how we gals like to multi-task lol)

Now that might not seem a lot but I can tell you it was so time consuming and it's more than I've got done in one day in a long time!

I managed to check out one of my favourite blogs the other night 
 Becky Roberts. She is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and makes the most flabulous projects and tutorials. She has some amazing tutorials for sale and I would recommend you to go over and have a look. When I caught up with her she was part way through her 'Year in Review' and she had these adorable Post It Note key chains she'd made to give out at a convention. I thought it was a flabulous idea and had a light bulb moment....I could make these at give them out at CHA. They are perfect for using up scraps of pp and cs as they are only 2" x 1 1/2". I set about looking for some pp, cs and what I wanted to put on the front. Well, the obvious would be a ladybug wouldn't it lol. This is what I came up with...


I managed to source the stickie pads at Staples and the 3/4" binder rings from The Art of Craft Ltd. I had to have a bit of bling so I used Jet Swarovski crystals for the eyes :-D


The ladybug is from my stand display at Stitches last year. Annette and Elaine had come armed with their Cricut machines to help decorate the stand. They were the perfect size for the front cover. They're coming over tomorrow for another day of diecutting. I think I'll need at least 100 of these little ladies!


I've put  my details on the back but will need to reprint them with the international dialling code. I've made a dozen and cut enough cs/pp and PIN (each PIN is divided into 3 smaller ones) to make 72. I'll make as many as I can...I guess you can never have too many :-D

I hope you're ready for tomorrow. Why you ask? Because it's TLT but not just any old TLT...it's a Blog Hop and a new release!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to see what the girls have come up with. I've only seen 2 of the cards/projects and they are stunnalicious!!!

I've still my post to write up for tomorrow so I'd better get a move on. I hope you'll come back in the morning and join in the fun :-D

Catch ya later x

7 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow they are just so cute and Dinkie and a fab way of getting noticed.. top marks!!
You have been a busy bee .. or should that be bug lol
Lisa ;)

cowboydutrem said...

What a lovely idea! Maybe you could stamp part of a ladybug stamp on the first page of the post-it note, so that the goodie is more linked to the stamps you sell?

Pami said...

These are fabulous Kerry! So cute and a great way of getting your details out there! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait for tomorrow! Pami x

Highland Handmade said...

You should have made one with a blue a**** fly, cause you appear to be running around like one! LOL, they are gorgeous Kerry, I have followed inking Idaho for over a year now, love her stuff! xx

Anita said...

Kerry, these are so cute. What a perfect give-away!

Annette said...

Recycling, WOW! You are a clever girl AX

Suzy Q said...

Wow!! What a fabulous idea!! Sorry....eh....how long did that task take?? how many more have you to make???....Well I hope you have a professional task force to help you!! ;-D xxxx