This blog header was created by Louise Forsyth using elements from Bushel & a Peck & Whimsical Garden By Kirstin Cronin-Barrow

Followers

Friday 15 October 2010

Magnum gets an inking

It's Nicole's fellas birthday today...Happy birthday Ben!

So what do you do when you have a dreaded male card to make? Why, you ink up a Magnum of course lol!!

I grabbed my Add-On Magnum and Magnum Add-Ons (confused?) and set to work. I chose the present and balloon from the Add-On set to 'add-on' (get it?) to Add-On Magnum, inked them up with Momento black ink and coloured him with my Copics.

 I used Bazzill cs, SU! Kraft cs and Bo Bunny pp from Hayley for the base. I punched an oval using my SU! punch and .... check me out... SEWED around the oval! I stamped happy birthday on a white piece of cs and stuck it behind the window (thought it might be too tricky to sew both kraft cs and white cs with such narrow edges...err on the side of caution!).


 I used GA on the balloon and the box on the present. You will probably be shocked and horrified (I know I am) that you won't find one grain of glitter on here. I won't be giving Ben the card until tonight so there still is time lol. I'd better get it signed and in the envelope before I change my mind!






First a circle now an oval....I'll be running up wedding dresses next lmao!

I hope he likes it...and you too.

I'm going to be stuffing envelopes for most of the day ... hope I don't get any paper cuts!

Have a great weekend (here already!)

Catch ya later x

15 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

well if i ever get married again .. whic will give you plenty of time to practise i assure you .. i know where to come lol

Fab card .. love that Magnum!!!!!!Ben will too.The colours are gorgeous .. remind me of toffees..

Why dont you be a devil and enter it into our challenge this week at Sarah hurley .. its an easy one.. colouring

Lisa ;)

cowboydutrem said...

I love this card! Wouldn't have thought of adding two add-ons to the same Magnum, silly me!

Mary J said...

Brilliant card! Look at you and your sewing! My bl**dy machine (only a mini one) doesn't work properly so it's all hand sewing for me at the moment! Your colouring on Magnum is fab!

Is that a Nestie you used for the "sun" affect matting?

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

WOW! Love the card Kerry! Magnum is purrrfect for a male card, and I adore those papers, some of my favourites still (I do have a lot of favourites though!)
Love the colouring and you're going to have to give sewing lessons! x

Highland Handmade said...

This looks beautiful!! colouring is fantastic and love the idea od a window!!! xxx Happy Borthday to the birthday boy!! I so can't spell today but cant be bothered to change any of it lol xxx

Suzy Q said...

What a great idea for a card! Loving the 3D balloon!.......................but hold on, did I notice you mentioned Ben & Wedding Dress in the same blog.......hmmmmm......is there something you are NOT TELLING us??? (or is it something YOU & Nicole are not telling BEN!!!!) LOL LOL LOL xx

Whimsey said...

Oh I love this; what a great guy card!! How in world do you stitch around an oval? Hmph....not even going to try it. LOL

Have a great weekend; I'm sooooo ready for a break!

pinky said...

Its brilliant Kerry but hey boys like glitter too you know!
Pinky

Purpleali said...

Fab card Kerry! Think I need to get a magnum for the male cards - although my sister would love it too (she's cat daft!)

Unknown said...

This is adorable, love the balloon and present you added!

Pami said...

Hi Kerry, he is so cute! What a great boy's card. Love it. Have a great day. Pami x

Lynn Ainsworth said...

How perfect is your timing??? I have to make a man's card for Tuesday - AND I just bought Magnum and the add ons last week! Was going to use them anyway, but now I know just how to put it together! Cheers Kerry... Love ya - L xxx

Sue U said...

Purrfect card Kerry, I'm sure he'll love it!! Sue xx

Anita said...

Now this is a fantastic male card. I love how you've colored Magnum and the papers are gorgeous!

nbde2020 said...

For the former head fake IWC
of Jaquet Droz and Romain Jerome, who now works as a consultant and board member for various brands replica watches including Louis Erard and Raketa, the “forced march” toward a more digital approach will eventually lead to a much more hybrid system for the watch industry: “Success replica watches uk comes from the multiplication of distribution channels,” he says.
Manuel Emch has witnessed the transition for himself: while Louis Erard hasn’t focused fake rolex on e-commerce until this year, the independent Swiss brand should achieve 15% of its turnover online replica rolex in 2020. While that’s not enough to make up for lost in-person sales, it’s a decent result, particularly as the onset of the pandemic fake watches crisis served to hasten a transition that had already been planned, albeit over the longer term. “Within five years, it is quite conceivable rolex replica that half of the brand’s turnover will be generated online,” says the expert. fake Audemars Piguet